Adult Companion Care (ACC) Services with HealthMax Home Health Care
Adult companion services cover services that help a person work toward a therapeutic or community integration goal in his or her support plan.
The adult companion may:
- Attend a movie with the person to practice coping skills to manage his or her social anxiety
- Go with the person to a community event to reduce his or her social isolation
- Play a board game with the person to enhance his or her fine motor skills
- Provide verbal instructions or cues to the person to help him or her complete a task
- Assist or supervise the person with tasks such as laundry, light housekeeping, meal preparation and shopping (for more information, see the secondary information section)
Adult companion services do not cover:
- Activity fees (e.g. movie tickets)
- Assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Hands-on nursing care
- Services provided by people related to the person by blood, marriage, or adoption
- Socialization that is for recreation
Transportation and Errands
HealthMax does not authorize Support Staff to transport clients. Support Staff are likewise not authorized to have possession of the client’s belongings, money, or account information and therefore cannot run errands for said client. HealthMax does allow Support Staff to accompany clients to shop or do laundry.