24-Hour Services with HealthMax Home Health Care
A person is eligible to receive 24-hour emergency assistance if he or she meets one of the following sets of criteria:
1. The person lives in his/her own home and does not receive 24-hour supervision or would otherwise require extensive, routine supervision.
2. The person lives with a primary caregiver who would otherwise require extensive support in the absence of this service to secure help in the event of an emergency.
24-hour Emergency Assistance: On-call counseling and problem solving and/or immediate response for assistance at a person’s home due to a health/personal emergency.
Primary Caregiver: Person principally responsible for the care and supervision of the person. He/she must maintain his/her primary residence at the same address as the person and be named as an owner or lessee of the primary residence.
This service covers the following non-equipment services:
- Immediate response for assistance at a person’s home
- On-call counseling and problem solving
This service covers the following equipment services:
- Personal emergency response system (PERS) installation and testing
- PERS device and monitoring
Transportation and Errands
HealthMax does not authorize Support Staff to transport clients. Support Staff are likewise not authorized to have possession of the client’s belongings, money, or account information and therefore cannot run errands for said client. HealthMax does allow Support Staff to accompany clients to shop or do laundry.